For business owners who are not using the Cashflows Gateway. Find out how 3-D Secure (3DS) benefits your business and your customers.
3-D Secure (3DS) checks help to reduce the number of payments that are abandoned or declined. In the past, customers were sometimes put off by the extra checks that they were asked to go through. The latest version of 3DS is designed to make things easier for customers and subsequently increase payment approval rates leading to improved sales revenues and higher customer satisfaction levels.
For customers, 3DS offers:
- Security of purchase.
- Confidence to purchase.
For partners and merchants, 3DS version 2.2 offers:
- Improved fraud protection and less risk.
- Fewer declined or abandoned payments.
- Increased sales, revenue, and customer satisfaction.
- Compliance with UK regulatory requirements for Strong Customer Authentication (SCA).
- Support for payments and check-out integrations on a wider range of platforms and devices. This makes it possible to integrate mobile banking applications, biometrics, and one-time passwords.
- Exemption flags to request that payments are either exempted or excluded (because they are out of scope) from SCA. We currently support exemption and exclusion flags for:
- Low value payments (Mastercard and Visa) on our Acquiring platform only. (Low value payments are not supported yet on the Cashflows Gateway).
- Recurring payments (Mastercard and Visa).
- Merchant Initiated Transactions (MITs) (Mastercard only).
For more information, see: