Some advice for getting the most out of your SmartPOS card machine
- Never disconnect or turn off the card machine during a sale, refund, end of day processing or a software
- Where possible, always keep your card machine plugged into the mains and charging. Alternatively, return it to the charging cradle for charging.
Tip: Charging cradles are available as an optional extra. If you would like one, contact our Customer Support team.
- Be careful when connecting and disconnecting the charging cable. If the charging port is damaged, the whole card machine will need to be exchanged.
- Where possible keep all liquids away from your card machine. If liquid is spilled on the device, it may need to be replaced and there may be an additional charge to cover the cost of the replacement.
- Try not to drop the card machine. This may cause the internal Tamper/Security Alert to be enabled or will cause other damage to the device. If this happens, the card machine will need to be replaced and there may be an additional charge to cover the cost of the replacement.
- Always turn the card machine off before cleaning it.
- Do not use any abrasive cleaning
- Before using the card machine, check that there is a good supply of paper roll in
- Always keep spare paper rolls nearby and readily available.